Thursday, March 13, 2008

big post!!

well, needless to say, we have been busy. first off, thank you for all your prayers and concerns for jared. we appreciate it so much. he's doing so much better. he's got his appetite back and is eating normal again. he turned 9 months today! he's also pulling up on the furniture already. but he gets stuck once he's standing, he can't get down. and well, i don't really blame him. i wouldn't want to plop down on my bum if i were him either...not yet. we went to the surgeon's office today and received good news. looks good and is healing properly. we go back for another check in a few weeks. so far, the kids have been well, meaning not sick. so that is awesome!! this last weekend, my sister mallory and her husband casey came to visit. we had alot of fun hanging out. chuck is doing well in school. he's got a job lined up for the summer, which is paid. that's awesome, cause not only could we use the money, but only 3 first year law students had paid positions last year. so we are very proud of him! kurtis is doing well too. i had parent teacher conference last week. it was a 10 minute conversation compared to the hour and half of last semester. her main concern is his manners....that was great news!! we can handle that!! for those of you that don't know, kurtis faked that he couldn't read last semester. he'd read for us at home and would play dumb at school. i finally went in and asked the teacher if she could send some more challenging material home and she gave me this weird look. i told her that he brings the books home he reads them quickly and then we are done. then she continued to say,"kurtis, you can read?" so stunned. i was furious and embarrassed. so i had him read for her of course she was shocked. she was so happy that he could read!!!! so see what we were dealing with?? so if the news is that we need to work on his manners this semester, it's all good!! blake is doing good too. he's such a good big helper for me during the day. he's addicted to watching dora and diego though. and his new favorite is Ne Hao Ki Lan. it's a cartoon with a chinese little girl and she teaches you how to speak chinese!! seriously, blake knows alot of words. it's cute.
and now, there is me. to tell you the truth, i'm tired. no seriously, i've been well. i've been hanging out with lauren and my friend melani alot and having a good time. the weather here is warm and it's glorious! i'm loving it! spring break is coming and we are all so excited. don't worry, i'll tell you all about it when we get back!!
this is what blake does at the target. he gets underneath the shelves and lays on the big boxes. he thinks he's very clever for finding a hiding spot.
here's jared just chillin in the cart.
this is my new haircut. i'm loving it. super short in the back and it feels so nice! it's kind of addictive...getting your hair shorter and shorter.


me (old haircut), then my sister lauren, sister mallory who came to visit from utah and sister carly. faith is missing, she went back to TX before we took a pic.
here's carly and her boyfriend evan...so cute.
lauren and blythe...she's smiling so much now. she likes auntie april!
my dad and jared. he walked him all over the playground while the big kids played. what a nice bumba. (that is what the kids call my dad. it was started by my nephew and it stuck. so my dad is bumba.)
blake is so proud of how high he can climb.

hmmmm....does she fit??? we love you blythe!
jared at the doctors office today. we got good news. he's healing well and on the right track! yea!!!! such a sweet face.
we went to the park, it was a beautiful day! the babies love to swing. dirty swings though.
what a happy time! yes, warm enough for shorts!!
blythe loving the swing too!



6 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great post. I love reading about what's going on with your family since we aren't there to have fun with you. I'm jealous of the photos of you all playing outside..um..it's snowing here right now. Geez!! Oh, and your new, new hair cut..very cute and stylish! :D As always. :D

The Kay Family said...

Your hair looks adorable!! I love it!! And I about died of laughter about Kurtis not being able to read. Crazy kid!!

The Beardmores said...

I love your hair Ape! Although I have to tell you... it's how mine is cute too- isn't that weird? I mean 10 years later and 1000's a miles apart and we're still doing the same things? Kinda crazy eh? Awe, it just makes me love you and miss you more! Family looks great! Glad to hear things are well with Jared! - AMB

Keri_B said...

I love your hair, too. I want to do something different with mine. I also laughed so hard about Kurtis not reading...what a silly little boy! Dave says Chuck used to be so bad in Spanish class that their teacher told him he would never learn the language. Little did she know!!! :)

Bowles said...

I love the haircut and the fact that you guys get to play at the park with shorts on! I am glad that Jared is on the road to all better. I didn't know that Kurtis faked not being able to read. what a toad. I am glad that he only has to work on his manners now. Congrats to Chuck on his Paying job! That is awesome.
Have a great day!

Shaila Lou said...

I'm so glad Jared is doing good! He is so cute! And your niece...I love the chub legs! Your hair is way cute! It's very flattering on you! It's so true that short hair is addicting. I tend to go shorter and shorter for a while...then grow out a little and start the cycle all over again.