Tuesday, April 1, 2008

april fool's...

well, it's been a eventful weekend and week so far. kurtis got sick in the middle of the night on saturday. then he was sick all day sunday. monday, his tummy was better, but he had a fever and a sore throat. today, we went to the dr. and you guessed it....strep throat. poor thing. he's been laying around feeling so bad. and if you know kurtis, something is definitely wrong if he's down and doing nothing. after the dr. told me it was strep i asked if she would please swab blake's throat. for those of you that don't know, blake can be a silent carrier of strep. he doesn't get the fever and sore throat like most. he gets a light itchy rash on his back...or that's what's happened the last 2 times. it just looks like eczema. so it didn't alarm me at all. but then when the strep thing came up today, i KNEW he had it too. his little rash is just going away. and i was right, he tested positive. so, we have kurtis who is just laid up with this illness and then we have blake who has the same illness and is still bouncing off the walls. so far, jared doesn't have it, or isn't showing signs at least. but anyways, i took these pics of blake today. i thought they were funny. oh, and happy april fools! i did fool my mom and lauren that i was pregnant today. that was funny. my mom fell for it longer than lauren...hee hee.

ok, first you have to know that blake drank out of a water bottle today and obviously put his top lip in and sucked on the bottle. yes, that is a hickey above his upper lip. anyways... i asked blake to make a happy face.
i'm scared face!
a mad face!
this one is my favorite...i'm sad face.
wasn't it nice of blake to refill jared's tray with a million cheerios? he's done it before with more!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nice! That's too bad they are sick. Poor little guys. Hmm...does Kurtis miss not going to school because of being sick? My kids absolutely LOVE skipping school just so they can have an 'amazing' story to tell everyone when they do go back. Weridie! And um..enough with the cheerios! Hee hee. I thought about telling my mom I was pregnant too...but..it's only been 2 weeks since I gave birth. I don't think she'd fall for it..but then again..you never know. :D Love you guys!

Campbells said...

Blake, what a crack up! I really love the mad face the best. It made Da and I laugh. So, poor Kurtis with the strep, I found out recently my mom is a silent carrier of strep as well. It makes my brother so mad because he gets it so easy it seems. So, you can tell Kurtis he is not alone.

The Beardmores said...

I hate having sickie babies... that's the worst! Sorry to hear about it! Kids are lookin' good though!

Talk to you soon-
AMBER

Dori said...

Sad! i hate it when our kids are sick! You have some stinking cute little boys! I love the upper lip hickey. Emmaline just got over a bad burn that left a huge scab on the end of her nose. She was so excited to eat dinner, and had her whole face over the main dish stirring it around right after I pulled it out of the crock pot, and some flicked up on her nose. She was blessed with our appetites!