Wednesday, May 7, 2008

rainy days

chuck has one more final on friday. we haven't seen too much of him for a few weeks now. he's really ready for the semester to be over. we can't believe we are almost done with the first year of law school!! yea!!
this last weekend my dad was out of town, so my mom and the kids came up to visit. we went to the zoo...tulsa zoo isn't anything special. but it gave us something to do i guess. then on sunday, i made a big cinco de mayo dinner. it was alot of fun. nikki and liz, the mango salsa was so good. brought back some memories of last summer and being pregnant and not being able to stop myself from the salsa! i miss that! i also made the bacon wrapped jalapenos. those of course are always awesome! anyways, they are all coming back up for mother's day this weekend and we are making chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried okra and i think i'll make the mango salsa again cause it was just so darn good!!! and, my dad didn't get to try it yet.
well, right now we are having a big storm. there have been 6 tornadoes touch down in the tulsa area this evening. our sirens went off twice. once we knew that it was skimming by us, chuck and i did a drill with the kids. we showed them what we would do if there really was a tornado. it went pretty well. school is almost out and summer is about to begin. here are some pics of what's been going on here. lauren and i went to the mall twice this week already. it's only wednesday. but it was rainy both days and we wanted out of the house!

here is jared and kurtis. this is before i cut jared's mohawk. i think they look so much alike.
here is jared in his new life jacket. we got it free at a kid's safety thing last weekend! score!
jared likes to steal blythe's snacks...even though they are the same as his own.
lauren and blythe
blythe having lunch at the mall. she likes her food!
here's jared...he's already done with his lunch. he's a happy boy.
blake got new Cars flip flips from the Disney store. he was extremely proud of them that day. so proud, he took of picture of them.
here is blake at the mall play yard. he got to play while we fed the babies.
here's kurtis posing.
blythe and jared got to ride around together at the aquarium. looks like they are on some kind of ride.


8 comments:

Porter Family said...

Hi April, this is Nik's sister-in-law, Heather. Just making sure you got your invite for our blog. Nik emailed me, so if you don't get it, let her know and I can try again. Glad you love the salsa! I never knew it would span the globe and be that huge of a hit. Your blog background is really cute! Hope Oklahoma is treating you well.

Bowles said...

You are one busy lady! I miss all the food you used to make. My mouth waters just thinking about eating at your house.
Congratulation on getting though the 1st year of law school!!! That is a most awesome milestone. The boys look good. How scary are tornado warnings. My sister in Texas is getting them also. But not near as close as they get to you guys. You are very brave.
Have an excellent day!!

Shaila Lou said...

Sounds like you guys have been having fun! Love all the picture updates! Jared is just a doll, I'm digging the mohawk. Gotta love the double jogger!

Casey&Mal said...

These pics are SO cute!!! I miss those babies! PS - love Blake's pic of his shoes. He's got those cute chubby little feet!

Stephanie said...

this just makes me miss you guys even more. we haven't talked on the phone for the past..what...3 days?? i was starting to get use to our chats :D

Thoroughly Modern Millie said...

Super cute pictures!

Campbells said...

Okay, I am freaking out about the tornacdos!!!! I laid awake the other night ago for 1 1/2 hours figuring out a plan on how I would tie all three children to me in a tornado. I saw on the today show there was one in georgia, and now you say there were 6 in tulsa!!!!! Glad the salsa turned out good!

Liz said...

Man I miss those boys. My parking lot party consists of me and a book. There aren't any other moms around that I can find. My pseudo ghetto is so pathetic, today I got my food stamps card and my cash for Walmart stuff stolen because I accidentally left my wallet in my stroller. Left all the credit cards, took the food stamps. Who does that!!! Losers. Obviously I'm broke if I have that! I guess they know some top secret drug user way to steal money off of those if I had the cash thing, or maybe they just needed a Pepsi.